Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day and a trip to mom's over the weekend

 Hi woop!

So today I woke up and packed my suitcase. No, I'm not going on vacation somewhere far, I'm just going with Hasakitsuki to my mom's house in Finland over the weekend. It might sound pretty boring at first but I assure you it's rather awesome and that's because..

1) Mom is in Thailand for the moment and thus obviously not home, which means empty house.
2) Mom's house is awesome, new, fresh and modern and my apartment is so small I can barely fit more than two beds in there and a small table. Guess where I'd rather be?
3) There's working wireless internet. The cable at my apartment has died again. It's the third time at least and I'm stuck internet-camping and stealing my school's wireless in the cold apartment corridor next to the elevator.
4) Epic yard (read: cosplay photoshoots) and lots of tools and equipment for crafting (read: cosplay making).

Yeah, it was a rather easy choice to make!
So when we woke up we packed our stuff, had breakfast and went outside. Seeing how the snow has been melting lately because of the heat wave (c'mon it's February and friggin' 0 °C outside, go home weather you are drunk) it was sort of hazardous and annoying to walk.. especially for the one carrying the suitcase which wasn't me, hihi. *trollface*
But yeah, semi-wet snow and the ground was hard and slippery, ice-ish you know...

We took a stop at Arnold's to go have some Valentine's Day donuts and oh boy it's always so yummy!


Arnold's donut range ~
Notice the fucklot of pink Valentine's Day heart ones on the
top row, normally there's different flavor ones there!
After the donut break we went into Citymarket to buy some food to take with us to mom's place; the fridge there would be mostly empty seeing mom and her husband would be away for two weeks or so. We just bought the necessities like milk, food to eat for two days and... chips and coke. What? That's also necessities, just different kinds of such! D: Don't look at me like that, it's Friday bro and Friday means NU ÄR DET SLUT PÅ VECKAN, DET ÄR DAGS FÖR FREDAGSMYS ~~~ (ååh gotta love that Swedish advertisement)
Ehrm, yeah. So after the food shopping we went to Arnold's again. I swear we just had to get another round of the donuts! But this time we took the special box and took it with us for some yummy-time later mmm.

Arnold's Valentine's Day box (the more I look at this thing the cuter it is..)
With the return of the donuts we headed for the new bus station in town. We quickly realized we would have to wait almost 1 hour for the bus to arrive so we put down our stuff on the bench and just played some Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on PSP. Oh and one thing, we had a ridiculous amount of stuff with us considering we'd be away for one weekend. People probably thought we were tourists or something. xD And I had blue hair because of bad hair day, random cosplay wigs save your life.

When the bus finally arrived we jumped on it well, not literally. I must say it has been a few years now from the days when I used to take the bus to mom's house pretty much every day after school yeah, obviously I used to live there and if there's something that bugs me it has to be how much the prices have gone up. I promise, a few years ago this same trip cost me 3,20 € and now it cost 3,90 €, ouch! not amuse. much unhappy. wow.
But yeah, obviously I paid anyway and then we just sat in the bus waiting and I was staring outside trying to see when it would pass by the familiar view, aka when I have to press the stop button. I must say it was hard to see anything because the windows were so dirty, almost missed the bus stop dangnabbit.
 
Oh well, we got to our destination safely and went inside. Didn't stay inside for long though because I went back outside but this time to work on some cosplay swords. After that it had gotten dark enough so I couldn't see properly what I was doing with my hands so we went inside and made dinner instead. Dinner ended up being chicken with mushrooms in cream sauce and macaroni, cooked by me of course. The chicken was spicy edition and I had abused the orange pepper spice on it but it was good!

I don't have so much more to say about the day so far, me and Hasakitsuki might end up playing some Nintendo Wii.. or we play some more Monster Hunter, as always. That game is addicting I tell you.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I bought this book today as well:

It was surprisingly cheap, seemed interesting and I should read more in Finnish anyway.

But that's it for today, see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^