Saturday, July 19, 2014

Suomen tivoli 2014

 Hello peeps!

On 13th July (as well as 14th and 15th xD) I went with Hasakitsuki and Jäätynyt Enkeli to Suomen Tivoli. It's a moving amusement park in Finland that circulates around different cities. I actually can't remember having been there before but this time we decided to pay it a visit!

The first day we went there we dressed up a bit extra fabulous wigs & contact lenses! Well, Jäätynyt Enkeli couldn't be bothered with the contacts.

Our looks on the first day, selfie-style xD (13th July)
It was super nice weather all the days we visited but the first day was the only day we bought some tickets (5 pieces) and went on a few attractions. I only climbed aboard the Ferris Wheel and the Music Express and the latter I rode twice, it was fun! :'D I'm usually very wary of what attractions I ride because I have a case of easily starting to feel dizzy/sick/generally bad so I tend to avoid most things that spin fast and such. I just don't want to turn seven shades paler and puke after something that is meant to be fun, okay? xD

But now for a few random photos!

Ferris Wheel!
Pitihän sitä hattaraviikset saada...
We did spot some geeky anime/game stuff in there. You know those claw crane machines where you put in money and try to grab a plush? Well, one of them had Yoshi (Super Mario) plushies, another had Pacman characters and then I saw this:

Vegeta, I can see you..
(there was a few other DragonBall characters too)
There was also one claw machine with Sonic the Hedgehog plushies that we ended up camping in front of on all three days trying to win all the different plushies. xD The workers must have found it funny. lol


Hasakitsuki is the main Sonic fan of us so she started and won a Sonic on the first day, after 6 tries or so. I haven't really played Sonic games myself because they are too fast for me but I like Tails. On the second day we returned because Hasakitsuki really wanted a Shadow plush the most. There was one problem though all Shadow plushies were buried deep under the crapload of Sonics and there was like 0% chance to even get one!
We got the idea to try asking a worker if they could possibly dig one Shadow up and at least make it possible to get; Jäätynyt Enkeli went to ask a guy and the worker guy actually went and dug up a Shadow for us! Now it was only for Hasakitsuki to try grabbing it home! She eventually got it but it took more tries than the first Sonic.

During the days we visited the amusement park we also went into the candy bus, aka where you could buy ice slush! I haven't had one of these things in ages so it was super nostalgic! <3 We tried the lime, mango and pineapple ones. The pineapple one was the least good and the lime one the best.

ICE SLUSH. IN MANY FLAVORS. 8DD
On the first day we went to eat at a Chinese restaurant in town namely Golden Flower. I might be biased because it's in my home town but I think they have one of the best if not the best China food I've had at a restaurant and I've been in quite many! Yum!

Fried chicken with rice!
I shared one portion with Hasakitsuki because the portions are big and well, it's unnecessary to eat more than you need and then get food coma. The next day we ate a megasize kebab with fries at Turkin Pippuri that we shared on three (and it was still enough food, go figure. Iso kebab on iso) and the final day we ate at Subway. That was by the way my first time ever eating at Subway! I've always been like "not sure if real food and actually fills your stomach"-minded but it was better than expected.

On the third and last day we attended we went to get slush and Hasakitsuki wanted to try winning a Tails plush for me. Why didn't I try myself then? Well, basically because I suck balls at this kind of machines. :-DD Okay but first things first Tails was also one of those characters that were buried in the very bottom so again we had to fetch someone to go dig it up for us. It ended up being the same guy as the day before and well, when a Tails was out and visible the frustration could start! The thing with crane machines is that they are addicting, fun and, well.. rage inducing. The frustration grows quickly when you start nearing having spent 20+ € and the plushie is still on the other side of the wall, staring at you. It gets personal!! xD
I consider crane machines like this you only lose your money if you give up without winning anything. So we kept on, raging and screaming every time the plushie moved or when it lifted. It was glorious.

Tails starting position.
Many efforts to get it later..
The amount of times we had a near-lying Sonic meat shielding were too many!! You know, when you aim for the plush you want and the claw partly grabs a nearby one so that you get a bad hit on the one you wanted. :-DD But yeah, we kept on until Hasakitsuki couldn't anymore and then I searched my anorexic wallet and found a 10 € bill that I decided to sacrifice. I went and shoved it into the change machine to get ten 1 € coins instead and then I put one coin into the crane machine and tried my best at aiming. I was aiming with the intention that "it will never work. I suck at this" and so I aimed the claw crane very far to the back, trying to hit the head which was the most likely spot to catch it on, according to me. So we all watched the crane go down and..

 MOTHER OF LORD IT ACTUALLY GRABBED PROPERLY. WAIT. WHAT IS THIS? OH MY GOD. THE TAILS PLUSH IS LIFTING. I GOT A GOOD HIT. OH MY *BLEEP* GOD. LOOK! THERE'S AN AMY PLUSH STUCK IN IT TOO. NO NOOOO IT CAN'T BE! THEY WILL PROBABLY FALL. TOO HEAVY. WAIT WHAT?! OH MY, IT'S NEARING THE SAFE SPOT. THE VICTORY SPOT. BADAMTSSH. HOORI SHITTO, HOLD YOUR BREATH NOW....... AAAAAAAAAAH! I GOT NOT ONE BUT TWO FRIGGIN' PLUSHIES ON MY FIRST TRY! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING. OH. MY. GAWD. EPIC VICTORY FEELING!!

Picture proof!! >8D
I think everyone's jaw around us dropped. Or at least the eyeballs. Hasakitsuki and Jäätynyt Enkeli looked at me with this "soooo, you suck at this huh? MY SHINY ASS." kind of face and then we just laughed for I-don't-know-how-long. xD And a little boy who saw everything tried the machine after us, probably thinking "oh you can actually win at this one!" :'D But I honestly swear all the previous times I've tried these crane machines I was never even able to make the plush budge one millimeter lol. I pretty much always have bad luck and when I have luck it's always in these kind of "luck in misfortune" cases. Go figure.
I gave Hasakitsuki the Amy plush as rage consolation and for helping with moving the Tails plush into a capturable position. When I think about it I think the Amy surprise catch actually helped holding the Tails in the crane because well, Tails has a thinner/smaller body than all the other characters so it was harder to grab. Oh, and if anyone wonders the Amy got stuck by the foot. :-DD The double epic catch totally makes up for the rage and the amount of cash spent!

After this Jäätynyt Enkeli wanted to try getting a Knuckles because then we would have all of them. The addiction grows huehuehue ~ He spent about 25 € before he finally got it like 1 minute before the amusement park closed. I swear the feeling when you finally get the plush is so rewarding; it feels so damn good and worth it! I think I love these things now. lol It's just that my wallet doesn't love these money eaters as much as I do.. xD

Nothing more to say! Valkoinen Samurai speeds out, lightning fast!

3 comments:

  1. FIRST? TIME? SUBWAY? O_O HOW'S DAT POSSIBLE?! :D A lot of money you guys did put in those machines... But yaaaay a lot of plushies! Plush and slush! And oh btw, you have to try out "my" city's chinese restaurants! We have one good that got me to eat fish and I don't even like fish... at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love claw machines that are fun but addicting as you say. I got myself a Pirate turtle just last week XD On my first try but did not see any cool plush like yours XD But I did not spend that much money on them just 50 sek.
    I and I am fairly good at those thing I just check before how the claw is XD

    But grats on getting them all =D and getting two at the same time you lucky bastard XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get sick in amusement park rides that spin too much as well.

    Wow, so epic with the plushies! Somehow when you've stopped trying, it works. Also, I've never really palyed sonic, but I like how Tails looks the most. (Maybe he reminds me of Kira Izuru?)

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^