Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan figures!

I've returned home from Tracon (13-14 September 2014), an anime convention in Tampere, Finland. I seemingly caught the con flu there because yesterday after noon I started feeling sick and close to midnight my fever reached 40 °C, ouch. D: It was horrible. Luckily today on the morning when I woke up I felt better; for the moment I don't think I have fever but my throat feels like sandpaper and I feel sick. :<

Oh well, at Tracon I met Sipsinekku and paid her back for the Hakuouki figure she bought to me from her trip to Japan earlier this year. Thanks! <3
   After I returned home from Tracon I also paid Jäätynyt Enkeli back and obtained the figure he had bought for me at Närcon this year another anime convention but this time in Linköping, Sweden. Thanks bro!


So here follows the picture spam! 
Let's start with the Hakuouki Collection Figure by Media Factory!
(aka the one Jäätynyt Enkeli gave me)

Box front
Box side
Box other side
This one he bought at the con and it was pre-opened (in the bottom) so you could pick which character figure you wanted. The figure was still in all the original plastic protections and in parts, just the box was opened. I choose rasetsu version Souji Okita because he is my favorite character. <3 Also the rasetsu figures are secret/hidden figures there is a Hajime Saitou rasetsu version too that is the second secret one of the two.
   Okita was packed in this kind of plastic bag with separate "pockets" for all the different parts. Check the following figure's photos to get an idea of what it looked like because it was basically the same; I forgot to take photos of Okita's unpacking. But yeah, these figures come in 4 separate parts head, body, standing platform and that little holder thingy that keeps the figure attached to the platform. Very easy to assemble.

Front view (focus on body)
Seen slightly from above
Side view
Head view
Back view
Platform bottom
This figure is really cute and approximately 5 cm tall. When you look at him closely from some certain angles you can see that his feet are very slightly in the air when on the platform. xD
His eyes are really pretty and he's doing this Okita-ish expression and it's just so aghjfdshgjad. <3 I did notice though that my figure has a few tiny spots on his hair where it looks like paint might have been rubbed off or something; then again it's really minor so it doesn't bother me one way of another painting job is rarely perfectly flawless anyway, so I expect there to be a few misses. You can see it especially well on the second and fourth pic if interested, counting from the top.
This one cost me about 13 €.

Now follows the Hakuouki One Coin Grande figure by Kotobukiya!
(aka the one Sipsinekku gave me)
 
Box front
Box view, mostly back
Box side
Other box side
Box top
Box front, seen from above
Box bottom
Box opened from the top, Saitou-san is looking at me! :D
And Okita-san on the second box flap! <3
So.. what's in there?! *W*
These are sold as blind boxes so you don't know which one you will get when you buy them from stores, unless whoever sells them has them pre-opened. I've seen that at some online stores you can buy the whole box set, which of course means you'd get one of each character figure...

So, who was hiding in there?
*unravels bubble wrap*

...
......

HARADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
That little card with a picture on seems to be some sort of small "hey you got Harada!" collection card that also has a puzzle piece printed on the back. I assume if you collect all different characters and get their respective cards and then put the back piece puzzle together you'd see some nice artwork of something!

Figure packing
So as you figured out by now Harada came wrapped around in bubble wrap that was taped in place and when you unravel it you find the things above in your hands. Plastic with separate pockets so that the figure pieces won't be in direct touch with each other and possibly do damage.
This figure came in three parts complete character, platform and that magnetic rod support thingy. Yeah, magnetic. I'll get back to that later...

Front view
Side-ish front view
Seen from above
Side view
Back view
Harada is looking cool and big-brotherly as always! :D He is not one of my main favorites in Hakuouki but I pretty much like all the characters (even Sannan and Kondou!) in the series so I'm fine with any! I was secretly hoping for Shinpachi though, because as far as I've seen it's fairly rare to see merchanise of him. I would have squeed manlily for Okita lol. Yeah I just made that word up, "manlily". :'D
   But hey, back to Harada! So he seems to be well-painted and I like his hair color surprisingly much it's this kind of darkish brown with a red tint to it and it's not too red. He is approximately 5 cm tall. The tiny ponytail in his back is super cute! His cheeks seem to have a slight blush which is adorable as well. >w< Otherwise he looks confident and slightly flirty, just like Harada is supposed to look. Also I want to mention that even though he came in one piece his head can be taken off. headless!Harada aaaarghrhg run! o_o You can also turn his head 360 degrees around his body, which looks a bit freaky. xD He's secretly an owl...
This one cost me 5 €.

Oh, remember that magnet thing? Well, the figure seemingly has a magnet in his head which will attach itself to the magnet rod on the platform. You can't really see it on the back view photo but there's a small, slightly wider vertical spot in the back of his head which the rod fits into. If you don't put the rod on this specific spot it will just move around and not get a proper "grip" of the figure and thus he won't stand without falling.
But yeah, because I'm a derp I had to try how strong the magnet inside Harada's head really is and so... I went to attach him on my freeze box...

BADUMTSSSH - IT HOLDS!
I was surprised that he actually didn't fall off, considering that his head is, well, round. xD Then again I angled him so that the "spot for the rod" was against the freezer because it's very slightly flatter than the rest of his head.

Soon he wasn't alone anymore.. and it got hotter...
......
.........

Harada: Hey, what's that?
Me: RUN, IT'S THE RATHALOS!!! D:
Yeah, that's my Monster Hunter Rathalos plushie with magnets in both wings. It's vigorously guarding my freeze from intruders...


That's all for this time, see ya later!
Shiro Samurai out.

2 comments:

  1. These two are so adorable! :') The Hakuouki figurines beat records of cuteness. <3 Thanks for sharing pics!
    Oh, the Rathalos thing cracked me up. x)

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^