Saturday, February 28, 2015

Hakuouki makeup bag!

Chu chuuu ~

Lately I've been having a need to buy some small geeky makeup bag for my anime convention needs. Always when I go to a con I carry with me some makeup for eventual fixes and touch-up needs during the day. Thing is that I have nowhere to put my stuff so I end up with random eyeliners and shit all over my bag in random pockets and then I never find what I need. :'D So yeah, buying a "travel size" makeup bag so that I'd always have everything in one place has been on my mind for a while already.
Sure that when I travel to cons I take my main aka big makeup bag but no way in hell would I take this whole thing with me to the actual con days! Just no. It's way too heavy and takes way too much space in my con bag and during cons I'd rather have as light packing as possible I don't enjoy carrying with me more than what I need and hey, I'd rather have a little extra empty space just in case I end up buying something from the con's Dealer's Hall. Yeah.

Yep yep, so once again I browsed eBay for my needs and lo' and behold I found a seller selling a Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan makeup bag and an officially licensed one to boot, jackpot! The deal had been set I want this thing. No, I need it, goddammit. 8C
A click on the 'buy it now' button and I'm playing the waiting game again... until it arrives. Didn't take long; packages from Japan always arrive surprisingly fast for some reason ha ha ha.

And there it was my pink makeup bag, with handsome samurai guys, for all my manly makeup needs. <3 eiku
Fuck being mainstream-manly when you can be fabulous-manly hohoho ~

Front picture. <3
Flash photo.
Yep, it seems to be some kind of vinyl fabric.
Backside.
The artwork is really pretty and of good quality. The bag seems to be made of vinyl or PVC or something like that. It seems surprisingly sturdy and it keeps its shape well. The bag closes with a zipper on top and said zipper opens very smoothly too, it doesn't get stuck or anything.



Underside of the bag.
Front of the tag.
Back of the tag.
Zipper.
When I first opened the bag there was a plastic insert inside.
Inside the bag is a logo of the company that Hakuouki belongs to in the corner Idea / Design Factory & Otomate as well as a "folder" where you can put some thin and/or flat stuff that you want to separate from the rest, handy!

Inside of the bag. Notice the pink flap, it's the "folder".
Height of this makeup bag is 10 cm, width is 17 cm and depth is 4 cm. All measures are approximates. I hope I did this right.. xD But I know that the best way to scale something, so that everyone understands, is to put your item next to a banana!

Banana scale edition!
Unluckily all the bananas I had were smaller than average but this one was the biggest of the bunch still a bit smaller than your usual yellow curved fruit. ;) But yeah, you get the idea of the size of this thing...

This makeup bag might look like it's not gonna fit a lot of stuff but thing is that I just wanted something smaller and geekier to carry around the necessities in I mean, I don't need my whole makeup arsenal at the actual con! Not like I have a shitlot but yeah, you get the point. So yeah, for me this bag is more than enough in terms of how roomy it is; I can cram in my most necessary cosplay makeup into it and be on the go! o/

It fits everything that I'm likely to need for
during-the-day cosplay makeup fixes, wuhuu!

I think that's about it for this time! See ya laterz!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I bought this from eBay. Can't remember exactly what seller though. ^^"

      Delete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^