Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Latias & Latios Petit Plush Mascot Keychains from Pokémon Center!

Hello peeps!

For some time ago I got my hands on a cute pair of Pokémon Petit series mascot keychains! They were ordered from Asakura-Japan's eBay store. Since my first order from their store I've grown addicted and well, it was just a question of time when the need to buy more would hit me. x) The store has such a wide array of goods and merchandise from the Pokémon Center stores in Japan and the seller is flawless and has super quick and safe shipping; I warmly recommend to check out Asakura-Japan if you ever feel the need to add any Pokémon or Studio Ghibli items to your collection!

Okay so, let's get back to what I was going to talk about. Sooo... I adore the Latias & Latios duo and when I saw these cute little plush keychains I just had to have them!

Just look at them! Ain't they adorbs?
This post will work as some kind of item review, I guess. I have photos ahead and I'll talk a bit about the plush keychains too, like quality and such.

Let's get started!


Both of them arrived in a cardboard box and inside a Pokémon Center plastic bag. The package itself was obviously shipped from Japan, so there goes any fears that I would have received counterfeit goods which I really don't want.
Inside the plastic bag the mascot keychains were wrapped safely in bubble wrap, as on the photo above.
They are both approximately 12 cm long and 5 cm wide.

I took both of them out of the bubble wrap - and now it's time for the photos!
First up is Latios.

Fullbody, above.
Fullbody, below.
Fullbody, underside.
Latios has his usually light gray body color, as it's supposed to be. The wings are fairly thick for its size and they stand up by themselves just fine; same goes for the tail things and the ears. As per usual his mouth is pointed downwards so that Latios looks serious. The eyes are a nice bright red.

Head close-up.
Head seen from the front.
Back detail.
I think it's really well-made for its size. It seems sturdy and of high quality. The material is some fabric that isn't super soft but it's not rough either; actually quite pleasant to the touch. It's not very squishy either in terms of filling, actually a bit hard but not in a bad way at all. :)

And lastly there's the tag photos!

Tush tag, front.
Tush tag, back.
Paper tag, front.
Paper tag, back.
Paper tag, opened.
As for attachment Latios has the usual metallic ball chain. The ball chain is attached to a small white loop sewn in on his neck. When held by the chain Latios tilts upwards a fair amount, as if he just took off.

Ball chain attachment.
And then of course we have Latias left!

Fullbody, above.
Fullbody, below.
Fullbody, underside.
Latias has her body in this very light mint-ish shade which I think is just right, she's not supposed to be white and neither is Latios! The wings, tail ends and ears are thick just like on Latios. But what differs on them is that Latias has a cute little smiling mouth and her bigger eyes are an amber color.

Head close-up.
Head seen from the front.
Back detail.
Latias is of course equally well-made as Latios. The touch of the fabric is the same and so is the amount of filling. But if anything then the Latias we got seems to have a crooked wing, but it's a minor issue seeing how it happens and it's not really a defect. By crooked I mean that one of the wings seems to naturally be turned so that it faces the same direction as the wing on the opposite side, when it actually should be facing the other way.

And of course there's the tag photos!

Tush tag, front.
Tush tag, back.
Paper tag, front.
Paper tag, back.
Paper tag, back.
Attachment is by a metallic ball chain as well. The ball chain is attached to a small white loop sewn on the neck. When you hold it by the chain Latias tilts far less upwards than what Latios does she stays almost horizontal.

Ball chain attachment.
All in all I'm very pleased with these two! They are super cute and a great accessory to hang from your geeky bag, pouch or what-have-you!

That's all I have for this time! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^