Sunday, April 26, 2015

Cute Hakuouki toothbrushes!

Hello there!

Today I thought that I'd do a quick post about some especially adorable toothbrushes – yes, it's Hakuouki edition! *µ*
All of these three were purchased from a Japanese online store some time ago and, actually, only the Okita one is mine the remaining two belong to Jäätynyt Enkeli and Hasakitsuki. The price each was around 580 yen, if anyone is curious. Psst, these were gifts from Jäätynyt Enkeli!
The ones we have together are the Okita, Yamazaki and Saitou versions but other characters were available as well: Harada, Hijikata, Toudou and Kazama. Each character had a different color (Hijikata being violet and Kazama gray, for example) and they were all in chibi art style and super cute! ^o^


Without much further talk I'll show you what they look like!

All three of them together, in
original packaging.
So they were all of course individually packed in this kind of triangle-shaped plastic tube.
These have a slightly smaller size than your average toothbrush, but, what they lack in size they make up for in cuteness!! ♡ These toothbrushes are almost too nice/special to use... ;o;
All character toothbrushes feature white and light pink sakura petal designs, as well as the character's name in kanji.


Information in the back of the package.
In terms of color they all have bright and wonderfully pleasant colors – Saitou is a calm shade of blue, Yamazaki is a soft blue-green and Okita is summery green!
They all have two different artworks – one smaller in the front and a bigger one (always with closed and/or smiling eyes) in the back.

Okita version!
Yamazaki version!
Saitou version!
As you can see they are all undeniably adorable, aren't they? :'D
If you wonder about the weird reflection-distortion-whatever thingy on the front pictures it's because the shape of the toothbrush's plastic is rounded.

I must also give a special mention to Yamazaki finally appearing in Hakuouki merchandise – it's nice to see him gaining popularity/a fan-base too! I think ever since the Hakuouki movies came out I've started seeing our favorite ninja appearing on some merchandise items! Before the movies Yamazaki was about as ignored as Sannan and Kondou... of which both I really like. :'(

Toothbrush shown from the side notice how the artwork is.
You can see on the photo above that the artwork is not actually inside the plastic itself, or what to call it it's instead a kind of "patch" on the bottom side...? I don't know how to explain but it feels really secure, almost as if there was some thin film or plastic coating on top of the art piece, so that it wouldn't get damaged or worn. I did try pressing my nail against it but it definitely felt like it wouldn't come off easily, which is always a plus.

That's all I have to say about these special toothbrushes! Thanks for reading ~

1 comment:

  1. Yamazaki. <3 Okita is still my fave though, hohoho. ~
    These toothbrushes are definitely too cute to use, I would hate to damage or wear out mine. :C

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^