Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mochi mochi ~

Hello!

Have you tasted mochi? It's a type of Japanese sweets that have a very, uh, I guess interesting consistency? :'D It's super good and once I got to taste mochi for the first time I've gone and grown horribly addicted to these things, I kid you not! They are just really different from any sweets and bakeries that we have here in Scandinavia...
You can get them in very many different flavors too: green tea, red bean, taro, sesame, peach, sakura etc. I really like the green tea one but I don't think I ever had a bad-tasting mochi either. xD They are all either good or awesome!

A pack of green tea mochi!
Big pack of mixed sortiment mochi! :'D
I remember once in Thailand I had something that had the same consistency of mochi (this was before I ate "normal mochi" for the first time, by the way). It was a small ice cream on a stick imagine a lollipop, make it bigger and ice cream version! Oh and yeah, the ice cream was still "flat" like some of those normal ice creams on a stick (Magnum and the like, except that the shape was round but the thickness was like Magnum, sorry if it's confusing!), not the type of ice cream that you scope and make a ball off.
I bought it from some ice cream stand (it only sold these special ice creams, nothing else) that was in the middle of a big shopping center; I remember that the shop had a Japanese name but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called! It could possibly have been the name of the ice cream... hrrgrnnnnnnng.
But yeah, basically it was a very soft ice cream with a thin mochi-ish coating on top; almost a bit jelly-like. I swear it was one of the best things I've ever tasted in terms of ice cream– and since then I've been banging my head on the wall trying to figure out what exactly it was! OTL And guess if I want to eat it again? It was soooooo good. ;_; 

So, have you ever tried mochi? Or anything similar to it? :'D

Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Me taijettiin Japanissa kaverin kanssa maistaa mochia, se oli joku tuplamangon makunen. Ostettiin puokkiin semmonen pikku möntti ku ei tiietty millasta se on. Muistaaksnei myyjä sitä antaessaan pyysi odottamaan viitisen minuuttia ennen kun sen syö, et se ehtii vähän "temperoitua" huoneenlämpöseks jollon se on parempaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TUPLAMANGO?? Gief!
      Mutta oikeest, that sounds super cool! :'D Hitsi se päivä ku pääsen Japaniin niin olen sillee "try all the sweets". XD

      Delete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^