Sunday, September 20, 2015

My crazy school life – week 38!

Hello guys!

This past week I've had quite a lot happening in school. You see, since I'm in an art school there's a very chill atmosphere and some of the people around are like... well, how artistic people tend to be – all goofy and different, but in a good way. So yeah, this week we had something that's called "temavecka" (lit. theme week), which meant that the whole week we had no ordinary lessons; instead the whole school formed groups of students and we had to do some presentation of a certain topic that you were allowed to interpret freely and present to the rest however you wanted. Yeah, we had no strict guidelines on how we were supposed to do our presentation – we could do a typical oral presentation (if you were boring enough for that) or we could do any kind of performance etc. That's why you like art schools lol.
So yep, the theme for this week was "hållbarhet", which means something like durability/sustainability in Swedish. I ended up being in a group with like five guys (incl. me) and one girl lol. Everyone at first tossed around completely random and cracky ideas that ranged from doing a punk concert about the world to importing bears from Russia. We did at one point figure out that everyone wanted to destroy and burn up something – we wanted MASS DESTRUCTION.
We then thought about making Earth out of papier-maché and well, that's what we ended up doing.

But before I continue talking about our little Earth project I want to mention what we did during last Thursday. The whole school went on a bus trip to first Luleå and then Boden (both in Sweden) and our point was to go on some art exhibitions in both cities (towns?). We spent like 30 minutes in Luleå and then 1,5 hours in Boden's Havremagasinet.
Oh and yeah, I had some clothing issues before departure! If I say it like this – the day prior I had been painting for our project and ended up getting paint on my pants. Why does it always happen to me even though I'm mega careful? OTL This wouldn't normally had been an issue because I could just have taken another pair, but because I'm currently sleeping over at my brother's place I didn't have any reserve pairs with me. The weather was shit so I couldn't really go fetch a pair from home so I just had to borrow something from bro. All his pants were too small for me though, so my only option ended up being to wear his cosplay hakama. xD Not like I minded, I love hakama lol.

This was my outfit on Thursday's art exhibition trips.
Our Thursday schedule.
School had booked two buses so all students didn't have to pay for the trip. Everything went well and we even had some spare time to spend in Luleå; I went to eat lunch in a Chinese restaurant and I also went to a Thai shop to buy some snacks for bro.
In Havremagasinet I almost missed the bus back home because I spent time looking at all the art in all the floors (6 floors!) and forgot to check the clock. Luckily my teacher is awesome so he did notice that I was missing, ehehehe...
I must say that I maybe expected a bit more interesting art from Havremagasinet; I didn't really find anything that left an impact or made me think deeper about what the artist had been thinking while making their art. :/ I was a bit bummed though because I didn't see my friend in the bus at all, even though it was obligatory to attend. Oh well.
Oh! One funny thing happened at Havremagasinet though! I was in the main floor watching some short movie and then, suddenly, I heard someone singing the Spongebob Squarepants intro melody. It was sung high enough (just the melody though, not the lyrics) so I heard it even though the singer must have been on another floor. XD I love my school lol.

The Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before the trip our group had been in the school's cellar building our Earth. I mostly just helped with filling the insides with crumpled newspaper and then painting all the land areas (green) and I also helped out with painting some of the ocean areas (blue).
It felt like we were maybe too many because most of the time there were only like 2-3 people working on the project and the remaining guys just sat and did nothing, because there was nothing else to do. I didn't even go on all lessons because I knew that I wouldn't be needed; everyone had agreed on it prior that I'd get to do the painting work because I was the artist of the group. So yeah, I didn't have to do any of the form-shaping stuff.
Oh oh oh! One day while we were working in the cellar half of the guys (not me!) suddenly started singing the Barbie Girl song really loud. It was absolutely hilarious and it got even better when they got to the Ken part because they all dropped their voices a shitlot. XD

Down below are photos of our finished globe while it was hanging to dry in the cellar:




Europe!
I know, it's perfectly round. xD But it didn't really matter because it was to be completely destroyed anyway... Yeah, our plan was to have have people hit it and then burn it up. So brutal.

This was the schedule for Friday's presentations.
And so came Friday, the day for all groups to present their works. Yes, we had 3 days to make a full presentation from start to finish. I would normally say that it was way too little time but for some reason it worked out, even though we got split into groups and I had to work with people I didn't know at all; I really don't enjoy to work in groups (it makes me uncomfortable for a myriad of reasons) so at first this whole theme week thing felt like such a thorn in the butt. Luckily it proved itself to be quite enjoyable in the end...

Friday consisted solely of watching everyone's presentations and after that was done we could go home, eff yeah! The presentations ranged from a theater about lies (and how it doesn't work out to say different lies to everyone people will find out the truth) and an abstract dance performance to a group doing some song covers to a He-man dub. Yes, a He-man dub in Swedish (by school students) about completely random stuff, like Oktoberfest. I'm not too sure what it had to do with sustainability.. but who cares? It was HE-MAN! xD

Photo proof.
I wasn't surprised to find out that the He-man presentation was made by one of the guys who occasionally comes and talks to me about geeky stuff. There was even the "Hey, What's Going On" meme video in the end credits. Omg yes!


Our presentation was one of the very last. Much to our bleärghjd it was raining outside and our presentation was... *dun dun duuuun* ... outside. Of course. What else?
We had fixed everything up and the Earth was hanging on a stand, ready to be beaten up. Our whole point was that everyone in the world is basically destroying Earth (we all should know why...) and it's not sustainable unless we do something about it. So to simulate this we had a baseball bat and whoever wanted got to smack all our hard work into oblivion. Of course some people felt like being violent...

Poor Earth after the first hit...
... and the second hit.
One of the guys who made the previous He-man dub (aka the friendly geek guy) came and hit Earth too. I was just taking photos at all times so I couldn't hit or anything...

Prepare yourself! (that's what Ike said)
But amidst all this destruction and brutality came a kind soul... who gave Earth a well-deserved hug.

AAAWWWWW. ;_;
But then the destruction continued. Mercilessly...

RUNNING CHARGE OF DOOM!!
The whole shit fell because of the impact...
Yep, the long-haired guy used so much force that the whole thing fell down; he didn't spare on the violence lol. I guess someone had to do it...

After that everyone who wanted had hit and so it was time to enter the second stage of our mass destruction plot...

BURRRRRRRRRRRRN.
Yep, I'm not kidding – we burned Earth in school. 
Of course we had checked with fire security beforehand and gotten the okay. I'm sure some fire guys were present when we burned the whole thing up, just in case...?


It started with a lot of smoke but the fires spread quickly...
Before long violent flames indulged our Earth completely!
Boum! Look at those flames!
It burned for maybe a couple minutes and then the flames slowly died down. It was a really cool spectacle to watch, although it felt kinda sad at the same time.

Earth is gone... :'(
I even made a gif of some of the photos! Lookie!

Burn baby, burn!
Yup, that's what I've been doing this past week in school. Errr.... hrmmm... yeah. We burned Earth...
It was quite the fun week! Except that because we had no ordinary lessons I got zero progress done on my cosplays lol. Next week my lessons should be back to normal, so I might not have anything cool to show here... ehehehe...

Pffrt, that'll be all I have to say! Ciao!

5 comments:

  1. Well that's awesome. :D I couldn't but laugh at the shape of your Earth XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all laughed so hard when we were making it. XD So many jokes; one guy even suggested that we should just have made it flat because it would have been easier and well, back in the days people thought the Earth was flat... :'DD

      Delete
  2. Heh, your outfit totally has a bohemian artist look. So cool you got into a nice sounding school. I wish we got to burn shit at school. (Probably not that recommended in a laboratory...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? Thanks!
      Yeah, my school is pretty awesome; there's quite geeky people around and we get to do fun and a bit crazy stuff at times lol. It's always fun to burn things, haha. (yeah, I know right. XD But chemistry class back in the days was fun for a reason...)

      Delete
  3. Super fun post! enjoyed reading it!

    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^