Friday, December 4, 2015

Depend regnbågspincett (tweezers) + Lyko store mini review!

Hi there! ~
This here will be my first review when it comes to beauty products, tools and accessories! Yay! o(^◇^)o

I've been on a lookout for good tweezers for a pretty long time now and I finally, after a lot of searching, found something that sounded promising! I don't know if these goodies has an "official" name but on the site I bought them from they were just called Depend regnbågspincett (click to get to the direct link on the site!), which translates to "rainbow tweezers". Depend is the brand name and I do recognize it because I once, many years ago, bought some dark blue nail polish from the same brand – for the sake of cosplay, haha.


As you can see these tweezers came in a little plastic storage pouch that they fit snugly in. It takes some squeezing/pulling to get them out, actually. xD There's also a small silicone-ish tip protector for the metallic ends that you can just slide on – I think that's great because they are sharp.
Be careful while plucking hairs or you might pinch your skin and have it bleed. Also, you really don't want to accidentally poke yourself in the eyes with these either. It would hurt.

Information:
Brand: Depend
Type: tweezers
Material: metal
Length: 9,5 cm
Width: 0,5-1 cm (metallic tips 3 mm wide)



So I've been using these for about a week now and, well, I must say that it's no wonder why they won a best in test at Veckorevyn in 2010! This rainbow tool is amazing in every way possible and I'm more than satisfied with the purchase. These are actually my first tweezers ever and I surely won't be changing them anytime soon... nah, screw that – I'll probably never need any others, unless I lose these or something lol. And then I'd be a sad man.
Before buying these I've been occasionally borrowing tweezers from people around me – ranging from my brother, friends and even my mom. Most of the tweezers I've tried have felt either clumsy to hold, not precise enough and/or the grip itself (once you catch a hair and start to pull it out) isn't strong enough.
But guys, these Depend rainbow tweezers are seriously a godsend! They are very comfy to hold in my hand (aren't sliding/turning around etc), lightweight, extremely precise and pulls out hairs like no one's business!


Because the ends are angled it makes it easy to reach those otherwise hard-to-get small hairstrands etc. These also have a very solid and strong grip, so once you catch that unpleasing hair you will get the fucker out on the first try, eff yeah! o/ This is such a big deal for me because I hate it when, with some tweezers, you have to retry/aim at the same hair for like 3-5 times before it finally goes off and that's because the tweezer ends just glide once you start pulling the hair out, even if you put enough pressure to keep the damn thing closed during the whole process. It just makes the whole procedure frustrating and wastes a lot of time in the long run... ._. I want things to go smoothly and effectively.
So yeah, that gliding (aka not strong enough grip) issue is memories away with these funky rainbow pieces-of-awesome!
Oh, and these are so powerful that your eyes might start watering if you rip off several hairs at once, which is totally possible with ease, by the way.


I also must mention that I love that these are multi-colored, like omg yes! *_* It's such a nice and refreshing color pop in your makeup bag! Oh, and even though mine are blue & violet these do exist in other color variations too. ;) The color is actually another reason why I totally wanted these over some other tweezers, lol. Gotta be fabulous ~



All in all these do feel really solid, durable and sure to last me for years. They're a really good deal at only 79 SEK! Heck, I'd be willing to pay more for these if needed because they're seriously that good. Yes!!
There is really no reason why you shouldn't buy these if you need some good tweezers because hey, these killer babies from Depend have everything on their side: design, precision, quality, performance and even the price! You can't go wrong!!


Regarding the online store where I bought these from, Lyko, I want to mention that everything went smoothly. My order arrived straight to my mailbox in like 2 working days (note: domestic shipping within Sweden) after ordering and paying for the product. It came in an ordinary bubblewrap envelope with the store's logo on it. I really have nothing to complain about and I would definitely order from them again if I find something that I need from there. :)

That's all for this time! I hope this was helpful to someone out there ~
Thanks for reading and bye! Shiro Samurai out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^