Thursday, December 24, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie premiere!

Hello geeks ~

First of all, don't worry since this post doesn't contain any movie spoilers. :) This is just a (bit late) post about how fun it was to work at the cinema in town during the Star Wars movie's world premiere. Yes, if you didn't know then I am indeed a volunteer worker at the cinema and yes, it's hella awesome!
As a geeky person few things are better than getting to work in a place were I can combine my hobbies *coughcosplaycough* with the work itself! And hey, I even get to watch movies for free (if I work during said movie's showing, of course) so it's not like being a volunteer doesn't yield me anything in return save for the always appreciated working experience. ;) Yay!

Okay soooo... as the geek I am I sewed a Jedi robe during a weekend and the rest of the outfit I threw together from stuff in my closet, including a vintage kimono for the outer robe. I dare say that it's not half-bad for a "closet Jedi", don't you think? It could be better but it could also be a looooooot crappier... :DD

Mirror photo in my apartment. Sorry about the messy background...
The reason for dressing up was of course that I'd go to work in a Star Wars themed costume for the Star Wars movie because why the heck not? And to top it all of it was well-received too! I mean, I got some really nice comments during both the days I worked during a Star Wars showing (16th December and 20th December) one of the most memorable being a lady saying to me, while I was scanning tickets on the second day, something like "people in costumes, now the mood is on top!". I also overheard an adult guy saying "woah, cosplayers!" in this surprised voice; I'm actually surprised myself that someone in this little town even knows the word, lol. There was also a young guy whom I recognized from my school who, once he saw me, started beaming out stuff very excitedly like "oh my god look, it's Obi-Wan Kenobi!" and such. I just smiled – didn't want to say that I'm just a random Jedi because I can understand that there were some similarities. x) I'm actually a bit surprised that he didn't seem to recognize me at all, even though we've talked on multiple occasions and been in the same art class for over half a year. *shrugs* Speaking of characters – another guy earlier also came up to me and asked if I was Obi-Wan or Luke Skywalker, to which I replied that I'm actually not dressed as a specific character. I realized afterwards that I could have pulled a shitty pun with my name – I could have said that I'm Obi-Wan Kainobi, LOL.
There was also a young kid in a fur hat who walked up to me in a really confident, proud, over-the-top way and asked me with a sneaky grin and with eyes that shone of excitement "are you a Jedi?". When I answered "yes" he did this childlike doubting squint with his eyes (still smiling), as if he was planning to check my authenticity, like one might do with Santa Claus. All in all it was way too cute, goddammit! x) He said "I have a question for you, I'll be back soon", winked to me and walked away with the same air of determination. He later came back and asked a question regarding Darth Maul and the movies and I mimiced his speech patterns, did a sort of bro/cool guy sign with my hand towards him and said "let me think about that one ;)", hahah. Too bad I didn't see him after that so I didn't get to answer...

I think that's about all that I have to say for this round ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^