Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Hail storm in summer?!?

Hello peeps.

This will be a short post but I must share this because it's just... WHAT THE FUCK. :'DD
You see, ever since I got home from Närcon a couple days ago the weather up here has been all over the place – rain, thunder storms etc. But now, today, quite recently something extraordinary happened. Today is 3rd August.

Me and Sacchan were sitting in the car, driving to my apartment when suddenly the skies came down on us. It started as a normal rain with huge raindrops and then... it started hailing. Thundering. Raining even more. And then it hailed so fucking much I thought the hail would make holes in the car or something. The sound was excruciatingly loud – you could barely hear yourself scream inside the car.

Notice the nice row of hail where the roof ends.
This is really weird, I can't remember it happening before! I know once when I was very very young and on vacation in Italy with my parents (we drove there by car) it suddenly started raining huge af hail balls, big as 5 SEK coins in the middle of summer on an ordinary hot day... in motherfucking Italy of all countries. It was the weirdest thing I had ever witnessed and now I feel like I kinda experienced a similar bizarre joke of nature...

Just to show the size of the hail balls.
Okay, I know August is considered late summer but I still find this hella weird since it has been warm weather otherwise. This sudden hail storm really threw me off and now I'm just amused and confused at the same time, hehehe.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^