Tuesday, July 25, 2017

More Pokémon Sun & Moon TCG!

Yoo!

After the Solgaleo GX tin I got up my interest for the Sun & Moon cards and, one day when I was in a local food store, I decided to go check out what Pokémon cards they had. In this particular store the Pokémon TCG is located in the same place were all the children's toys etc are so yeah, it's a bit weird to walk in there because I'm so used to the cards always being near the cashiers or next to the magazines and manga pockets.

I was surprised to find that this food store, aka Ica Maxi in Sweden, was selling those big TCG portfolios (aka binders) for only 60 SEK when they're normally sold for more than the double, pretty much triple the price! Of course I grabbed one with me because why the heck not? :D It has Tapu Koko and Alolan Ninetales artwork on it too, it's nice! I also splurged and bought one of the blister packs too because it was a bit cheaper as well.

TCG Portfolio front featuring Tapu Koko.
TCG Portfolio back featuring Alolan Ninetales.
And some photos of the blister pack too, while I'm at it:

Vikavolt blister pack with Guardians Rising expansion theme.
Backside of the blister pack.
The blister pack I bought included a Vikavolt foil promo card, a Metagross design play coin, a code for the Pokémon TCG online game and three Sun & Moon set Guardians Rising boosters.

All of the contents laid out.
I always try to open booster packs carefully because I like collecting the empty packs because of the pretty artwork. The only one of these that I managed to get the cards out of without ripping it in any way was the Ninetales one (which was my fav so I'm happy it survived lol). Is it just me or has the booster pack material gotten, err, flimsier over the years? They always seem to tear along the middle back when I open the "flaps", no matter how carefully I do it – I remember that the older boosters rarely did that.

And here's my pulls pictured below. I'm only showing the reverse holo and the rare card of each pack, by the way.

My rare and reverse holo pulls from each booster.
I guess it's decent pulls but I'm a bit meh since I never really cared for trainer cards, lol. I'm more of a collector than a player, although I'm interested in learning to play TCG properly. I like the holo Mudsdale though so it's not too shabby. ^^ Although I must mention that I hate Probopass and I don't know why the fuck those Pokémons that I really dislike keep popping up for me everywhere?! xD Like when I scanned my first QR code in my Pokémon Sun game I got a frekkin' Tangela and it's one of my most hated Pokémons ever – I just never liked it, at all. Like, of all possible Pokémons I have to get Tangela first. :)))) 100% True story. The game was messing with me, I swear.

That's all for this time. Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^