Sunday, July 23, 2017

Pokémon TCG: Legends of Alola Solgaleo GX Tin

Hello guys!

Lately I've been getting back my interest in collecting Pokémon TCG again. I've been going a bit on and off with it ever since the Gen 3 and Gen 4 cards era came to an end but yeah, knowing me I can't completely quit it since Pokémon was such a major part of my childhood (both the cards and the games). It's incredibly hard to completely let go off something that had such a massive impact on who I am today and, honestly, I just love the thrill and excitement of opening boosters, okay? x)

For not so long ago I splurged and bought one of those new Pokémon TCG: Legends of Alola Tins (aka Spring 2017 Tins), namely the one with Solgaleo because it's my favorite of the two. I might get Lunala later, we'll see.

Solgaleo GX Tin, sealed.
The tin's design is really nice, I like the colors and everything. I'm really hoping for good pulls although I tend to have bad luck with tins in general. Here's to hoping!

But before I open the tin, here's some detail photos!

Solgaleo GX tin, front.
Solgaleo GX tin, sideview.
Solgaleo GX tin, sideview.
Solgaleo GX tin, back.
And now it's time to dig into the contents, I'm way too excited, haha!
I'm not yet super fond of the redesign of how the Sun & Moon cards look, especially when compared to the earlier sets but oh well, I guess I'll get used to them soon enough. The holofoil is weird. xD I'm such an old-school guy when it comes to Pokémon TCG, haha.

Here's what's inside the tin:

Solgaleo GX card!
All of the tin's contents laid out.
As you can see there's the Solgaleo GX foil promo card, an online code for Pokémon TCG and then 4 different booster packs. There's one XY BREAKthrough, one XY Evolutions and two Sun & Moon base set boosters.

And then it was time to open the boosters – the best part! :D I must say that I think I got some pretty rad pulls! I mean seriously, look at the photo below! I'm only showing the reverse holo and the rare card of each pack, by the way. Most people don't really care for the commons and uncommons.

My rare and reverse holo pulls from the boosters.
I'm so freaking happy I got holo Ninetales from the XY Evolutions booster, it's one of my all-time favorite Pokémon cards (base set cards bring me back to my childhood!) and also one of my top favorite Pokémons as well! ;A; Also, that Mega Mewtwo EX is pretty intense.
The only "dud pack" was the one with the non-holo Butterfree rare but oh well, no big deal at this point. I'm surprised I even got this good pulls because, as I said, I tend to get pulls that are nowhere near worth the money I paid for the damn thing lol.

So yeah, that's it for this post! Stay tuned for more Pokémon TCG posts coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post ~
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? I really like getting feedback so don't hesitate to write a line if you have something to say – a little dose of appreciation brightens up my days. (。◕‿◕。)
Psst, I read everything even if I don't always answer! ^_^